Discover How Fun And Easy It Is To Play The Blues On Acoustic Guitar, Even If You Haven’t Picked Up That Old 6-String In Years.
With my unique “Playing On The Porch” method, you’ll be playing authentic acoustic blues in the style of Robert Johnson, Big Bill Broonzy, Muddy Waters, Doc Watson and others… without having to rely on jam tracks or a backup band, without having to read a note of music, and at your own pace, anywhere you choose.
Date:September 19, 2020
Dear Friend and Fellow Blues Lover,
Imagine a warm Saturday afternoon out on your front porch… just you, your six string and your beverage of choice…
Now imagine that you heard Clapton’s acoustic version of “Driftin’ Blues” the other day, and you immediately recognized it as the old familiar “Blues in E” rhythm.
So you take a drink… and start playing with Clapton’s vocal echoing in your head…
“I’m Driftin’ and Driftin’…”
One after the other, you lay down a series of classic, authentic acoustic blues licks, while Eric (or Muddy… or Big Bill… or Robert) sings along.
Before you know it, 30 minutes have gone by, that ice-cold beverage isn’t so cold anymore, and your old 6-string never sounded so good.
Now what if I told you that not only can you learn to play the blues, there is a simple, step-by-step method for playing authentic acoustic blues anytime, anywhere, without having to read a note of music, and without having to rely on jam tracks or a backup band.
Because here’s one of the best things that most guitarists take for granted… you don’t have to plug in an acoustic guitar. It’s ready to be played anywhere! You can play in your office or play it on stage, you can play for a friend or for thousands of people, you can play it under a tree in a park or in a sold out stadium… An acoustic guitar is the most versatile instrument you can get.
The acoustic guitar and the blues go together like beans and cornbread… With an acoustic guitar, you can go back in time to when all a person needed was a guitar and a story to play the blues.
My name is Griff Hamlin and I’ve been fortunate enough to make a career out of playing guitar, but even if it’s not how I made my living, I’d still be sitting at home playing on my old 6 string for my wife and son. Let’s face it… we don’t play because you can, we play because we have to.
Now you might know me from one of my other blues guitar courses. Since going online in 2006, my courses have helped over 21,116 guitar enthusiasts around the world.
The Real Story Behind Why I Created An Acoustic Blues Guitar Course…
I have to tell you, I don’t think I had ever been so frustrated in my life. “How could anyone possibly learn this way?” I thought… In fact, I’m pretty sure I said it out loud even though there was no one in the room.
“Maybe if I use a little from that version, and then that other section from the other version, that will match up better…”
Nope… still not even close. “I wonder what song this guy was listening to, because it sure isn’t the one I’m listening to!”
Rewind a few hours…
I was sitting in my office working on some acoustic blues guitar material. I have quite a few old arrangements of a bunch of old classic tunes like “Deep River Blues,” “St. Louis Blues,” and some others…
But I hadn’t played them in a really long time so I wanted to go back to the original recordings to make sure my memory was still working (because you know it isn’t…)
I wasn’t looking forward to this because that meant hours of transcribing the recordings and writing them out by hand… and they are super hard to hear because they are so old.
But wait! This was the “Internet age,” right? I’ll do like everyone else and find it on YouTube and the TAB on ultimate-guitar.com.
Surely there are some good arrangements there and I can just fix them up like I used to for my private students all the time.
So I headed over to a few different TAB sites and I started downloading some different versions of some tunes.
… then I headed over to YouTube and I found the original recordings to work from.
Cool, success! This was going to be easy.
I hit play with one of the TABs in my hand and I started following along. “Wow… that sounds nothing like the song. I’ll grab a different one.”
I hit play again with the next TAB in my hand and started following along… “Well, that’s not right, this is exactly like the last one, which wasn’t right either. Someone just stole the other guys’ and put it in Power-Tab.”
Okay, I grabbed another one. I hit play again…
Back to the present…
At this point I had listened to this song about 612 times and I had watched every single video on YouTube that even remotely had a title close to the title of the song.
I heard and watched and read the music to at least 27 different versions of the song, only one of which was even close to the original recording (but I can’t follow the instructions because it was filmed in his kitchen and there was no TAB anywhere for me to follow.)
I had wasted at least 3 ½ hours and gotten exactly… nowhere.
And I know you know that’s a lonely place to be when there’s something you really want to learn.
So what’s the moral of this story?
Simple, 2 things:
- TAB sites and YouTube are user-generated content. There is no guarantee whatsoever that the person who posted that TAB or made that video knows the song or can play any better than you. Don’t assume that just because you downloaded a TAB that it’s correct. In fact, assume that it’s NOT correct!
- Being able to play guitar requires basic skills and knowledge… things that are very difficult to get from doing nothing but learning songs.
I’m not against learning songs… shoot I’m all for that! But do it the right way...
Because of what I know about playing guitar and music, my ear recognized the problems with what I was seeing vs. what I was hearing from the recording.
Your ear probably isn’t at that point yet!
It was the basics, the skills I’ve learned and the skills I teach day in and day out, which helped me learn the song I wanted to learn.
Take the time to learn those skills before you try to learn the songs… save yourself TONS of time in the long run.
Now of course, my hair has (mostly) grown back after that, but that frustrating experience of trying to learn an authentic blues song on acoustic guitar let me know one thing… there just isn’t much out there for someone who wants to learn acoustic blues guitar.
And that’s why I created Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed. This step-by-step, “Playing on the Porch” DVD instruction course contains everything you’ll need to really learn the blues inside and out. These are the exact same lessons that thousands of students, many of them just like you, have used to learn how to play acoustic blues guitar.
Do You Share Some Of These Common Frustrations?
- “Where do I start?” – Most people have a hard time knowing where to start, and in what order to learn things. Should you learn the blues scale first? What about all 5 positions? What chord shapes should you use? The list of questions is almost endless.
- “Everything goes by too fast.” – Let’s face it, if you’re trying to get it from a recording, the artist isn’t going to slow down and explain what’s going on for you. What you need is to have the licks broken down in to small pieces that can be easily mastered quickly. Success begets success, and with a little taste of it you’ll learn more, faster.
- “I don’t have time.” – Listen, I’m a husband and a father too. I know that if it takes more than about 20 minutes a day, it ain’t going to happen! We all have responsibilities that make regular, weekly lessons with an instructor an impossibility, and playing time is usually stolen from some other chore around the house.
- “How do I use what I learn?” - Just because you learn a lick doesn’t mean you can use it. You need a method of taking it to different keys and different feels until it becomes part of your own personal vocabulary. Playing blues should be like talking to a friend.
Here are just some of the things Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed can do for you:
- Discover the freedom you’ll have being able to play acoustic blues guitar anywhere. No more having to plug into an amp just to get a real guitar sound. You will be able to play the blues guitar anywhere from your front porch to the blues jam downtown to the recording studio to the stadium show you’re headlining.
- How to play acoustic blues guitar using alternate picking, fingerpicking and using a combination of the pick and fingers. One of the most common questions I get is, “should I learn to play with a pick, or with my fingers?” This course will teach you how to use all the different types of picking and you will learn how to choose which style works for every scenario.
- You’ll learn all the notes on your acoustic guitar, along with the proven system I use to commit them to memory. Most chords are built on the 5th and 6th strings of the acoustic guitar, but with this method you will be able to find those chords all along the fretboard.
- Discover how to count and feel all the common note subdivisions and rest. We’ll cover whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets, and sixteenth notes. Basic timing and counting for acoustic guitar is essential because there is no one else to keep time for you.
- Discover advanced timing and counting in 12/8 and eighth note triplets. These two types of counting are probably the most common in all the blues, especially in slow blues. By learning these counting methods, you’re playing will be swinging a whole lot more.
- You’ll learn how to play acoustic blues guitar in the most popular blues keys: E, A, G and C. Learn how to play the blues chords and the blues scales in all four keys, but I’ll show you how those same scales and chords can actually be moved and used in ANY key you want.
- You’ll learn how to play some of the most popular blues rhythms. Rhythm is very important for solo acoustic guitar players. You are responsible for your own timing and rhythms without anybody else to rely on. Fortunately, playing solo acoustic blues frees you up to play your own rhythms as you see fit.
- You’ll be able to play the minor pentatonic and blues sounds anywhere on the fretboard. The blues and pentatonic scales are responsible for about 95% of all blues music including guitar licks, chord progressions and melodies.
- Discover cool new chord shapes and partial chord shapes that I like to call “little chords.” These are very useful because they stay out of the bass range, freeing up room for your bass lines, and can be inverted and moved easily.
- You’ll learn about one of the most “signature” portions of a blues song, the turnaround. I’ll explain how a turnaround works and even provide examples from one of the most famous acoustic blues guitar players in music history, Robert Johnson
- Discover all about the 12 bar blues form. The 12 bar blues from is the most common blues song form. Even with just this simple lesson, you will be well on your way to creating your own blues songs.
- You’ll have access to several song examples written specifically to incorporate the lessons you learn. These song examples will provide real world experience that incorporates the lessons you learn on guitar. The songs are provided in order so you can play what you have learned in a song.
- You’ll get a logical and methodical system for learning acoustic blues guitar. The book and DVDs are arranged so that you can start right from Lesson 1, page 1, and go through to the end. Every lesson builds on the lessons before it. You can go at your own pace, and you’ll know you are making progress as you master each lesson.
- Discover how to keep the bass going when you play solo acoustic blues guitar. Playing solo, as in by yourself with no accompaniment, poses some challenges for guitar players. We have to keep time (meaning the bass part), keep the harmony up (meaning chords), and keep the melody up (meaning the highest single notes). All these challenges are addressed in Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed.
- You’ll learn how to use the major and minor blues sounds together. Learn how to incorporate the major and minor blues scales over your blues chords, creating the real “secret sauce” that makes the blues really sound authentic.
- In addition to my song examples, you’ll learn some classic bluesy, solo acoustic guitar songs including “The House of the Rising Sun,” “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out,” “Amazing Grace,” “Deep River Blues,” and “St. Louis Blues.” You’ll not only learn how to play some of the most recognizable acoustic guitar songs, you’ll be able to apply all the lessons you have learned to make them sound even more bluesy.
Exactly What You'll Be Getting Today...
Upon placing your order using our secure server, Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed will be immediately available in a secure member area.
You can stream it, or download it, and it will always be available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The videos are in MP4 and WMV format (for both mac and pc users) while the audio examples are MP3 and the manual is PDF.
Or if you prefer, you can have it shipped to your door on 9 DVDs. The accompanying play-along examples are on 2 CDs, and there is also a large (140 pages) printed and bound manual. All of the examples are in TAB and standard notation in the printed manual.
All of the videos feature onscreen TAB so you can actually watch where you should be in the music as the song is played.
Now, while the videos are great, my best students will take full advantage of the included audio recordings and 140 page manual…
After watching each lesson (as many times as you want)… jump over to the corresponding audio (every lesson is labeled in the manual) and it’s as if I’m in the room with you playing along.
And with the manual, you’ll never miss a note. Every chord shape and every note is painstakingly transcribed and triple checked for accuracy.
Let’s Take A Look Under The Hood…
In each lesson I go over every note carefully and completely… often literally spelling out for you which string and fret to put your fingers on for the entire phrase.
Take a listen to just some of the tunes you’ll be learning in Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed…
All of the audio examples contain a slow speed version as well, so that it’s easier for you to get started with each new tune.
And while we’re talking about playing along with the recordings, don’t worry if it’s not perfect the first time… many of my students ask, “Should I play along with the recording, even though I can’t keep up yet?”
The answer is… ABSOLUTELY!
If you could do it perfectly the first time, you wouldn’t need me…
Now, I’m really not here to try and convince you to invest in Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed. Only you can decide for yourself if this is right for you.
I’m also not going to tell you that if you buy Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed, you’ll be playing like Robert Johnson or Muddy Waters in 2 weeks. That’s just not realistic for anyone.
So if you are one of those guys who owns 20 different “how to play blues guitar” courses and they are all dusty on the shelf, then I can’t help you and you would be wasting your money.
But if you have 15-20 minutes a day to practice, and are willing to follow some simple instructions, then I can have you playing some really fun blues guitar… literally on the first lesson.
And while I may not make you sound like Muddy in a week, I can and will explain very clearly why he plays the notes that he plays. Armed with that information, you can choose to sound like him or not… but at least it’s up to you.
I challenge you to search the Internet the way I did for a step-by-step method of learning authentic acoustic blues guitar. You’ll see there is nowhere else you can get the quality of instruction found in Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed.
In fact, as always… I guarantee it.
If you decide to invest in Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed today your investment is only
$299 $279 $229 $197.
But this $197 price for Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed is only available while supplies last.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.Is this course good for a beginner?
A.If you’ve never picked up a guitar before, this is not the course for you. However, in my experience, most people underestimate their own abilities. If you can at least play a couple of chords and maybe strum a song or two you’ll be just fine.
Q.Is it hard to get a refund if I don’t like it?
A.It’s a cinch. You’ll have my email address if you need to get in touch with me. All you do is send it back. I’ll happily refund your money if it’s not for you.
Q.Is this all secure, I don’t feel good about typing in my credit card information?
A.In today’s world, you can’t hardly get any more secure than my order page. It is tested daily to be hacker safe by McAfee, the industry leader.
Q.How much do I need to practice?
A.20 minutes per day is a good place to start. Any less than that and you won’t see the kind of progress you are looking for. You can get by on less, but you may get frustrated with the lack of improvement.
Q.Will your DVDs work in my country?
A.I have students and customers all over the world. These are not region-specific and should work in most any DVD player or computer.
Q.Do you ship to the UK, Australia, Africa, etc?
A.Yes. There are very few countries I cannot ship to.
Q.How much is shipping outside the US?
A.Shipping charges are calculated automatically in the shopping cart once you enter your country and shipping method.
All The Best In The Blues My Friend,
P.S. - Many of the students who had a hand in the creation of Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed were exactly where you are today. The problems they faced and the information they needed is what drove me to put this all together in one package. You won’t find a more complete guide to learning blues guitar anywhere.
P.P.S – This special price of $197 for Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed is only available while supplies last. When they are gone, the price very well may be higher.